Asian Pizza with Apricot-Pineapple Sauce
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Apricot Preserves
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Ginger
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 (14 oz.) bag coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)(about 7 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Halves and Pieces Cashews
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup wonton salad strips (from 3.5-oz bag)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425°F. In 2-quart saucepan, add all sauce ingredients; stir with wire whisk until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray bottom of 12-inch pizza pan with no-stick cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough onto pan; press to fit pan, forming rim around edge. Prick bottom of crust with fork.
- Bake 4 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add green onions, broccoli, celery, red pepper, coleslaw mix, salt and pepper. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until cabbage is wilted and vegetables are crisp-tender. Add chicken and cashews, cook an additional minute. Spread vegetable-chicken mixture evenly over partially baked crust. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake an additional 4 to 6 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven; spread 1/3 cup of the sauce over top of pizza. Sprinkle with wonton strips. Bake an additional 2 minutes or until wonton strips begin to brown. Remove from oven; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Meanwhile, reheat sauce over medium heat 2 minutes or until hot. Serve pizza with remaining sauce.
- Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2012 / McCormick and the Mc logo are registered trademarks of McCormick & Company, Incorporated, used by permission. / Fisher® is a registered trademark of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. ©2012