Fruit 'n' Nut Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening melted
- or 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening melted
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Spray 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray or use paper baking cups.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in large bowl. Stir in dried fruit and nuts. Beat egg and milk with fork in small bowl; stir in melted shortening. Add to flour mixture. Stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. Fill muffin cups about two-thirds full.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.