Aloha Oatmeal Cookies
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- or 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh orange peel
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange or lemon extract
- 3 cups quick rolled oats
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in natural juice well-drained
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Coat baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT brown sugar, shortening, egg, orange peel, orange juice, vanilla and orange extract in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- COMBINE oats, flour, baking soda, salt and ginger in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture, beating at low speed just until blended.
- STIR in pineapple, coconut and macadamia nuts. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes. Place on cooling rack to cool completely.