Leafy Greens with Strawberry Salad Dressing
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 3 to 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar to taste
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 to 5 cups leafy salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped glazed pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or blue cheese
- PLACE frozen strawberries in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds to defrost slightly.
- COMBINE strawberries, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and poppy seeds in blender container. Process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Allow to come to room temperature.
- ARRANGE leafy greens on serving plate. Top with pecans and cheese. Drizzle with Strawberry Dressing.