Chewy Cherry Bars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 16 Bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup rolled oats quick or old fashioned
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Cherry Preserves
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT butter and brown sugar in medium bowl until smooth and fluffy. Beat in extract. Mix in flour, baking powder and oats until mixture is crumbly. Reserve 1/2-cup for topping. Pat remaining crumbs into bottom of prepared pan.
- SPOON preserves evenly over crumb crust in pan. Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Cut into bars.