Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups lowfat cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 9 lasagna noodles cooked, drained
- 3 cups steamed broccoli florets well drained
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat an 13 x 9-inch baking dish lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- HEAT oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook and stir until tender. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, mushrooms, parsley, vinegar, Italian seasoning, salt and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- COMBINE cottage cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese in small bowl. Place 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of baking dish. Layer with one cup broccoli, 1/3 of the tomato sauce and 1/3 of the cottage cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Cover with foil.
- BAKE 25 minutes. Uncover. Sprinkle with remaining cup of mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until cheese melts. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.